NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
1. ELIGIBILITY: The Red Wings Kids VIP Experience Contest (the “Sweepstakes”) is open to parents/legal guardians (“Participant”) of children ages 1-17. All entries must be submitted by a Participant on behalf of a child aged 1-17 (“eligible child”), with respect to one household only. Officers, directors, partners, members, shareholders, owners, employees and agents of Sponsor, TIAA-CREF Tuition Financing, Inc., Olympia Entertainment, Inc., Detroit Red Wings, Inc., the National Hockey League (“NHL”) and its member clubs, and each of their respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates, advertising and promotional agencies, and their immediate family members (spouse, parent, child and sibling and their respective spouses) and household members (whether or not related) are ineligible to participate in the Sweepstakes. Entries must be received between 12:00 a.m. Eastern Time (ET) Wednesday, January 9, 2019, and 11:59 p.m. ET on Wednesday, February 6, 2019. The Sweepstakes is void where prohibited or restricted by law. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
2. SPONSOR: TIAA-CREF Tuition Financing, Inc., 2000 Town Center, Suite 2000, Southfield, Michigan 48075.
3. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: The Sweepstakes begins, Wednesday, January 9, 2019 at 12:00 a.m. EST and ends at 11:59 p.m. EST on Wednesday, February 6, 2019.
4. TO ENTER:
Go to redwingskids.com to enter. Each Participant will be asked to submit an official entry form, which may include, among other things, his/her name, phone number and e-mail address, as prompted and the name of his/her eligible child (the “Official Entry Form”). Participants may, but are not required to, opt-in to Sponsor’s mailing list. Once the information is submitted the Participant will be entered to win. Potential winners are selected at random. All of the Sweepstakes information will be posted at the Sweepstakes Site throughout the Sweepstakes period. Limit of one entry per Participant and per household. Duplicate entries from the same email address/Participant/household/or account will be automatically eliminated without notice to the Participant. Where a dispute arises about who submitted an entry, the entry will be deemed submitted by the holder of the relevant account. Entries must be received during the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. No entries will be acknowledged or returned.
3. ALTERNATE ENTRY: To manually enter the Sweepstakes (an “Alternate Entry”), print name, address, city, state, zip code and telephone number on a 4x6 note card and mail the Alternate Entry via first class mail to: MESP, 2000 Town Center Drive, Suite 2000, Southfield, Michigan 48075 postmarked no later than Wednesday, February 6, 2019 and received no later than Wednesday, February 13, 2019. Only Alternate Entries sent via first class U.S Mail will be accepted. All other Alternate Entries will be void. Any Alternate Entries received postage-due will automatically be void. Only one (1) Alternate Entry per envelope. If more than one (1) Alternate Entry is in an envelope, all Alternate Entries in the envelope will be void. Only one (1) entry per person. Facsimiles, photocopies or mechanical reproductions of Alternate Entries will be void. Proof of sending or submitting an Alternate Entry is not proof of receipt of such Alternate Entry by Sponsor.
4. DRAWING AND NOTIFICATION: One (1) Grand Prize Winner and five (5) first place winners will be randomly selected on Thursday, February 14, 2019 at 1:00 p.m. EST. The potential Winner(s) will be notified via e-mail or telephone. If a potential winner cannot be reached after a reasonable effort has been exerted, if he/she is found to be ineligible, if he/she cannot or does not comply with these Official Rules, or if his/her prize or prize notification is returned as undeliverable, such potential Winner will be disqualified and an alternate potential Winner will be selected at the sole discretion of Sponsor. Unclaimed prizes will not be awarded. Sponsor’s decisions on matters relating to this Sweepstakes are final. Non-compliance with these rules may result in disqualification and an alternate Winner may be selected.
5. PRIZE: The Grand Prize Winner will receive the following: Four (4) tickets to a Detroit Red Wings Home Game, provided that one of the tickets will be used by the Participant’s eligible child, $150 credit for dinner and non-alcoholic drinks for four (4) in a restaurant surrounding Little Caesars Arena, One (1) Zamboni ride for the eligible child if he or she is 7 years or older, one (1) autographed hockey jersey, one (1) autographed hockey puck and one hundred and no/100 ($100) deposited into an MESP account. ARV: $2,365 and five (5) first place winners will receive an autographed hockey puck. ARV: $50.00. The retail value or actual value of the prize will not be awarded. No substitution, assignment or transfer of the prize is permitted, except by Sponsor, who reserves the right to substitute a prize with another prize of greater or equal value in the event that the prize is unavailable due to any factor beyond the Sponsor’s reasonable control.
6. RELEASE: By receipt of any prize, each winner agrees to release and hold harmless on behalf of the Winner, eligible child and his/her guests, in the case of the Grand Prize Winner, Sponsor, Olympia Entertainment, Inc., Detroit Red Wings, Inc., the National Hockey League and its member clubs, and their respective subsidiaries, affiliates, suppliers, distributors, advertising/promotion agencies, and prize suppliers, and each of their respective parent companies and each such company’s officers, directors, employees and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any claim or cause of action, including, but not limited to, personal injury, death, or damage to or loss of property, arising out of participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize.
7. PUBLICITY: Except where prohibited, participation in the Sweepstakes constitutes each Winner’s consent to Sponsor’s and its agents use of Participant’s and eligible child’s name, likeness, photograph, voice, opinions and/or hometown and state for promotional purposes in any media, worldwide, without further payment or consideration.
8. GENERAL CONDITIONS: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or modify the Sweepstakes if fraud, technical failures, illicit activity, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity of the Sweepstakes, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Sweepstakes or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or those of any other promotion or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Sweepstakes may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
9. LIMITATIONS OF LIAIBILITY: By entering this Contest, Participants and Winners, on behalf of him/herself, the eligible child and, in the case of Grand Prize Winner, its guests, agree that the Released Parties are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Participants, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Sweepstakes; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Sweepstakes; (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Sweepstakes or the processing of entries; (5) late, lost, undeliverable, damaged or stolen mail; (6) any injury, loss or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Participant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or receipt or use or misuse of any prize, or any other Contest-related activity; or (7) unauthorized or illegal access to personally identifiable or sensitive information, and/or invasion of privacy. If for any reason an Participant's entry is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Participant’s sole remedy is another entry in the Sweepstakes, provided that if it is not possible to award another entry due to discontinuance of the Sweepstakes, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible entries received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the prizes offered herein. No more than the stated number of prizes will be awarded.
10. DISPUTES: Except where prohibited, Participant agrees that: (1) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes or any prize awarded shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by the United States District Court for the Eastern District of Michigan (Southern Division) or the appropriate Michigan State Court located in Wayne County, Michigan; (2) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys’ fees; and (3) under no circumstances will Participant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Participant hereby waives all rights to claim, indirect, punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Participant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Michigan without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Michigan or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Michigan.
11. AWARDING OF THE PRIZE: Each Winner must present proper identification of himself/herself and the eligible child in order to receive winnings. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received.
12. LIST OF WINNER: For the name of the Winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: MESP, 2000 Town Center Drive, Suite 2000, Southfield MI 48075, Red Wings Kids VIP Experience Sweepstakes.